The purpose of these guidelines is to protect Liberia from further spread of COVID-19 and to limit the spread of COVID-19 from Liberia to other countries. Note: All non-exempt incoming and outgoing travelers will be tested for COVID-19. The testing fee is US$75. Upon arrival, exempt travelers* must present a negative PCR COVID-19 result from an accredited lab within 96 hours of testing.
1. Before arrival, exempt and non-exempt travelers must complete a Health Screening Arrival Form via the Liberia Travel application (“app”):
Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuma.libtravel OR
Apple Store link: https://apps.apple.com/us/apps/lib-travel/id1537552090
Travelers must pay US$75 for cost of COVID Testing. (Anyone experiencing problems with the app will receive assistance at the airport.) It is highly recommended that travelers complete the payment process prior to arrival.
2. Travelers must show proof of payment and completion of the symptom tracker form. Travelers who did not pay before arrival must pay at the UBA banking window and provide a proof of payment before testing.
3. All travelers must wear a mask during transit and upon arrival in Liberia.
1. All incoming travelers will have a mandatory temperature check and their symptom screening forms will be reviewed.
2. The National Public Health Reference Lab team will test all non-exempt travelers for COVID-19. Exempt travelers* who do not have a valid negative COVID-19 test result will also be tested.
3. Travelers who test PCR positive for COVID-19 will undergo treatment based on Liberia’s case management guidelines.
4. Travelers who test negative will self-quarantine and monitor their symptoms via the Lib Travel app for a period of 14 days, beginning the day after arrival in Liberia.
5. Children under the age of 5 years will be exempted from testing and a lab result certificate.
*All arriving diplomats and their families, honorary consuls, duly accredited international organizations, and Liberian diplomats must present a negative PCR COVID-19 result from an accredited lab within 96 hours of testing. Voluntary testing will be available at the airport free of charge, if desired. Please follow the protocol set by your respective organizations.
Cabin Crew, Captains, Flight Engineers and First Officers
• All cabin crew, captains, flight engineers, and first officer with layovers less than 48 hours will be exempted from testing if they complete pre-boarding testing per their airline’s policy and comply with symptom screening procedures while in Liberia.
• On arrival at the airport, cabin crew captain, flight engineers, and first officer will complete screening and proceed to their designated flight crew hotel.
Version: November 12, 2020
• Crew, captains, flight engineers, and first officers with layover of more than 48 hours must follow the testing protocols below before departure.
1. All non-exempt outgoing travelers are required to pay a COVID-19 charge of US$75 at online http://datapointdev.liberiacovid19.info/#/PaymentProcessing OR at Union UBA window.
2. All departing passengers must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from a test conducted by Liberia’s National Public Health Reference Laboratory within 72 hours (3 days) of departure. COVID-19 testing is available at the Union Center located in Sophia, Congo Town, Monrovia from 9 am –4 pm, 7 days per week. Travelers should ensure they provide correct contact details and will receive a unique identification number to retrieve their test result.
3. Check www.liberiacovidresult.org 2 to 3 days after sample collection to receive their result and online certificate.
4. Travelers with a positive result will be contacted by the Ministry of Health/National Public Health Institute and will not be allowed to travel.
5. Confirmed positive COVID-19 travelers will be subject to Liberia’s case management guidelines.
6. Children under the age of 5 years will be exempted from COVID-19 testing and a lab result certificate.
7. All Diplomats and their families, Honorary Consuls, duly accredited International Organizations, and Liberian Diplomats are not required to test for COVID-19 upon departure. However, voluntary testing will be available at the Union Center free of charge.