REPUBLIC OF LIBERIA
COVID-19 TESTING PROTOCOL FOR TRAVELERS
The purpose of these guidelines is to protect Liberia from further spread of COVID-19 and to limit the spread of COVID-19 from Liberia to other countries. All travelers must wear a mask during transit and upon arrival in Liberia. All non-exempt* incoming and outgoing travelers will be tested for COVID-19 in Liberia. The testing fee is US$50 for travel within the ECOWAS Region and US$ 75 for travel outside of ECOWAS Region. This fee will be used to support the costs associated with the COVID-19 outbreak response, e.g. testing, case investigation, contact tracing, and data management.
- Before arrival, exempt and non-exempt travelers must complete a Health Screening Arrival Form via the Liberia Travel application (“Lib travel app”)
- Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuma.libtravel OR
- Apple Store link: https://apps.apple.com/us/apps/lib-travel/id1537552090
- Travelers arriving from ECOWAS Countries must pay US$50 for cost of COVID Testing through the Lib Travel App while those arriving from countries outside the ECOWAS Region must pay US$ 75. It is highly recommended that travelers complete the payment process through the Lib Travel App prior to arrival. (Anyone experiencing problems with the app will receive assistance at the airport.)
- All incoming travelers must wear a face mask upon arrival and will have a mandatory temperature check and their symptom screening forms will be reviewed.
- All incoming travelers regardless of receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine will be tested upon arrival in Liberia
- Travelers must show proof of payment and completion of the symptom tracker form. Travelers who did not pay the testing fee prior to arrive must pay at the UBA banking window and provide a proof of payment before testing.
- The National Public Health Reference Lab team will test all non-exempt travelers for COVID-19. Travelers should ensure they provide correct contact details and will receive a unique identification number to retrieve their test result online.
- Exempt travelers who do not provide a valid negative COVID-19 test result will also be tested upon arrival.
- Travelers who test PCR positive for COVID-19 will undergo treatment based on Liberia’s case management guidelines.
- It is strongly recommended that ALL INCOMING TRAVELERS stay home for 7 days, but mandatory that they self-monitor their symptoms via the Lib Travel app for a period of 14 days, beginning the day after arrival in Liberia. A free thermometer will be given to each arriving traveler who is tested upon arrival for COVID-19. This thermometer is to be used to help self-monitor and report their temperature in the Lib Travel App during the 14-day period.
- Voluntary testing will be available at the airport free of charge for exempt travelers, if desired.
- Cabin Crew, Captains, Flight Engineers and First Officers
- All cabin crew, captains, flight engineers, and first officer with layovers less than 48 hours will be exempted from testing if they complete pre-boarding testing per their airline’s policy and comply with symptom screening procedures while in Liberia.
- On arrival at the airport, cabin crew captain, flight engineers, and first officer will complete screening and proceed to their designated flight crew hotel.
- Crew, captains, flight engineers, and first officers with layover of more than 48 hours must follow the testing protocols below before departure.
- All non-exempt departing passengers must present certification of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result from a test that was conducted by Liberia’s National Public Health Reference Laboratory within 3 days (72 hours) of their flight. Results of tests that were conducted more than three days before their flight will not be accepted.
- COVID-19 testing is available at the Union Center located in Sophia, Congo Town, Monrovia from 9 am to 4 pm, 7 days per week.
- All duly accredited Diplomats and their families are not required to test for COVID-19 upon departure. However, testing will be available at the Union Center free of charge for exempt travelers if requested. The exempt status for diplomats does not apply to Liberian diplomats without foreign assignment. PLEASE NOTE: Although the Government of Liberia does not require exempt outgoing travelers to be tested for COVID-19, airlines may nevertheless require proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from all travelers prior to boarding the plane regardless of exempt status.
- ALL travelers departing Liberia are encouraged to register at http://libeiracovidtravel.org prior to arrival at the Union Center. To register, select “Request a Travel Certificate” and fill out the requested information. Travelers should ensure they provide correct contact details and will receive a unique identification number to retrieve their test result online.
- All non-exempt outgoing travelers are required to pay a COVID-19 charge of US$50 either online when they register at http://libeiracovidtravel.org OR at the UBA window at the Union Center for travel within the ECOWAS Region and US$75 for those traveling outside the region..
- Travelers with a negative test result can request their online certificate at http://libeiracovidtravel.org
- Travelers with a positive result will not be allowed to travel while COVID-19 positive and will be subject to Liberia’s COVID-19 case management guidelines.